Wednesday 18 November 2015

"My Happy Place" #MindYourself

For their "mind yourself" campaign , Independent.ie asked me to discuss "My happy place".  This I thought hard about, as the majority of people who know me would say, it was in the throws of shopping. Funnily enough although I love clothes and being a fashion blogger,  this isn't where my true happy place is... My happy place is being surrounded by my two little girls and hubby in a little village on the south East coast of Ireland. It's where we are all at our most happiest. Nestled in this little quiet rural village is a mobile Park with a small number of mobile homes.. It's here where it's my little piece of heaven on earth.. There's nothing in the village only a beach and a bar but to me it's perfect.  Hours are spent clearing the mind and spending quality time with family, exercising, walking running, breathing in free air and most importantly taking time out for myself. It's the simplicity of it and the easiness of everything when we spend time there that I love the most.
While spending time there it's like life slows down a little. We re all so busy these days and sometimes we're passing ships in the night, that we never stop and take time out, so it's lovely to have a little place where you get time to think, spend quality time together, clear the mind and slow down a little.  Our little mobile home might not seem much to others but to me and my little family it's a treasured 'happy place'.

No comments:

Post a Comment