Tuesday 29 March 2016

Culottes.. And how to wear them

Hey my lovelies, 
Hope all of you enjoyed the weekend, wasn't it great to have a nice long one??
We'd great fun despite the weather...consumed copious amounts of easter eggs!! 
I don't know about you guys but I am loving the culottes at the moment...bear with me though, as the first time I spied them in the stores before christmas, my first reaction was hell no!! Whose going to wear them? Fast forward to March, and I've answered my own question, I'm wearing them!
I love mine, I bought a fab khaki/beige pair in Zara and they are the most comfortable pair, nice and warm and look great with a pair of heels and jumper/top.
Now I know Culottes are not for everyone..cue my sister's sniggers when I bought a pair..in her words " Ive been transported back to my 20's!" but when she saw me wearing them she seemed to change her mind!!
I've pulled together some looks for you and ideas on how to style them...
I love them...now can I convince you?

(images; Pinterest)
(Images; Pinterest)
Some of my favourite influencers, Olivia Palermo & Victoria Beckham
(Images Pinterest)
With Culottes the idea is to keep it simple, wear an oversize jumper or simple tops
Love these culottes from Coggles and for €45 you cant beat that price, available here, striped Jumper Zara €29.95, instore and online here, or similar in Topshop here, Zara heels €49.95 available here.
Look 2, is to show you these culottes look great for an office look, the above culottes are Zara €39.95 and availabe instore and here, Cream Shirt is Zara again and €29.95 here, Flat shoes Zara €39.95 available here, or pair them with nude heels, these are Littlewoods for €24, available here.
This look is great for a date night, lunch with the girls or to wear to work, it works with any of these events. Look 3, Zara grey sweater €12.95 available here, or similar here, Grey heels New Look €32.99 available in stores and here, Metallic flat heels €39.95 from Zara here and Dunnes have exact same pair. White culottes River Island €50 available in store and here.
Love this look above, would be nice for a communion or confirmation or any event, its something different but still quiet nice...Culottes are from Zara €39.95 available here, Flat ballerina heels €25.35 available here, Floral Cardigan Oasis €49 available here, Nude heels Dune on Asos reduced to €32.39 selling fast available here.
Love this look for a nightout pair a cami underneath (either a cream or a black one) and it looks fab... Culottes again from Zara for €29.95, available instore or here, Flap over clutch Asos €39.44, available here, Bomber jacket Zara €49.95 available in store and online here, Heels €42.24 from Asos here
And finally as the summer is coming, culottes are a nice alternative to white jeans, love this look and particularly the top. Look 6 Top from Topshop available instores and online here. Tan heels €34 from Boohoo here, Tan bag Zara €39.95 available in store and online here. White culottes €39.95 from Zara available in store and online here.

So that's my take on culottes and how I would style them, like I said you either Love or Loathe them. I love them but whats your take on this trend?
Have a great week guys 

Pam 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment