Wednesday 17 September 2014

Cork boutiques and shopping districts!

So being a newbie to cork, well moved since January this year, I have been getting to know the fashion areas of the city and surrounding areas, and boy do Cork girls love their fashion.
It's been great for me as I've only recently got my mojo back. Bit of background on why, well after having two kiddies (3 yr old and an11 month old) fashion took a back seat, being a new mum or any mum for that matter it's hard, you don't have as much time as you used to, to browse the shops, try things on, spend hours raiding your wardrobe putting outfits together, it's just not the same now as you have toddlers, literally hanging out if you, in a good way of course! Plus on top of that your body changes and you have to adapt to a slightly different figure before kids. I also find that you re more into comfort clothing (as food tends to end up on you more, than in the babies mouth) and who knew running after kiddies in heels could be tricky business.

Anyway on that note I decided to check out the local boutiques, shopping districts in Cork..stunned by the lovely treasures I stumbled across..there is some really lovely boutiques, from Jane boutique, kinsale (who stock labels such as Kling, Closet, Skunkfunk, St Martin, and bags from David Jones) to Cherish (which I might add you can find on facebook as www.facebook.com/lovecherishalways) this little gem stocks clothing from dressy casual tops, jeans, cutesy dresses, party dresses and occassional wear, you'll find something for every occassion, work date, date night in this little boutique, ...bought a fab little tulle midi skirt in here which I love!

(Belt my own)


Douglas village shopping centre seems to have an abudence of little boutiques which give all girls plenty of variety, in particular is Blush boutique ( stocking Lennon Courtney, Fee G, Kate Cooper, Amy Childs, Lucy Paris to name a few) Their selection seem to range from occassional wear to smart casual which include the label selected femme and Decollage.
Verso Boutique is another that springs to mind which have lovely dresses for going out and occassional wear, their main brands being Virgos Lounge, AQ/AQ and Hybrid.


I think my all time favourite place at the moment is White fawn boutique in Clonakilty, check out their facebook page girls (https://www.facebook.com/whitefawnboutique)




Their clothing is the most unique and quirky I've come across yet, they have everything ranging from soft and feminine to boho chic ...I just love their pieces. 
They have beautiful labels such as meisis which I have yet to find in any other boutique. I find their stock quiet refreshing compared to what other boutiques are stocking at the moment. They offer pretty skirts, dresses, glamour sequins, kimonos, chunky comfy knits, delicate slip lace dresses, beautiful coats and jackets...it's a little treasure chest. Every update they have on facebook leaves me broke..the temptation from this boutique is unreal (for me that is)... And I have to say their prices are quiet reasonable for any fashionistas budget! 
So girls, this is one place you just have to check out...and to get you started here's a little sneak peek of what's hidden in this little gem!

Dress €39 



Fox t-shirt €22, Silver skater skirt with pockets €26



Nude duster jacket €62, Tassle crochet top €32, deer necklace €22



New leather look studded skirt €47, printed t €22 and cardi €88



Skirt €52, belt €45, blouse €35 



Kimono €89, sequin top €72


Kimono €89, slip with tulle end €43



Sequin dress €86



Suede black jacket €53, bag €64




Boat neck with gold chain rim, and dipped back €49



High neck studded dress €56

So girls there you have it ...some really really beautiful pieces, I've always ordered through facebook and over the phone and I have to say the two girls kate and Hilary are lovely and helpful, and the delivery is fantastic with their cute wrapping...for €4 for anywhere in Ireland why wouldn't you?!














No comments:

Post a Comment